Friday, October 4, 2013

Week: 6 My New Title

Professor Gryphon, "A weapon of mass instruction!"

My new title. Thanks to my dear Father. Consider me the strategic ICBM of academia.

I am writing to say that this post will be quite short compared to my others. "Why?!" you ask plaintively? I am glad you asked. I currently am under the gun with three papers, and a church function over the weekend. Ergo, I am playing the wonderful balancing game of life, scholastic achievement, and responsibility.

"Does that mean that you won't be giving us some otherwise useless data?!" You all think desperately. Never fear! I will give a slight foretaste of what is coming in the future.

Platonic Dialogue.
Castiglione 
Courtiers
The Ideal Form

There you go. That should be enough to wet the whistle.

Good bye bloggers. I hope to see most of you over the weekend.

signed,
future-retired-professor-turned-dapper-cane-wielding-monocle-wearing-country-gentleman,
Gryphon
AKA: A Weapon of Mass Instruction

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THE EVE OVER LORD DO HERE BY AND FOR EVER BAN SPELLING CORRECTIONS FROM THINS BLOG !! And as such I will here by remove any comments that referents it MHA HAHAHAAHHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rennuke As Over-Lord of this blog, u hav evry write two remoov ane comints that referents mispeling, so in respect of your authority I won't point it out in others posts. But, I will exercise the right to spell MY words correctly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Philip Salzman and @Psmith24 and @TheHunter1: and I shall enjoy every correctly spelled word on this blog; thank you for your consideration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, very well, I will squelch the compulsion to put down the Gryphon or other people grammatically or spelling-wise while on the Metis. I can't speak for when I'm off of it, though. Some people just have this aura around them that compels you to correct them in any way possible. Fortunately it gets easy to resist if you practice at it. Otherwise we'd all be grumpy all the time, because, of course, the word "grumpy" comes from the Latin word "serveriorum" which was first used by the first person to notice this correct-me aura when he put a name to how he felt when he was near this aura. (You'll observe the similarities between the last two syllables of "severiorum" and the word "aura"). Of course, this cannot be scientifically or historically proven. Or evidenced by any other "ically".

    ReplyDelete
  8. ........phew. That almost sounded like you researched that for this very comment.

    ReplyDelete