Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ten Greatest warriors

I was searching on something the other day and I came on some lists people had made of who they considered the greatest warriors and why, And being me I disagreed so  thoroughly that I had to write a post on myself. So here it goes.
Ahem.
Well first of all what  makes a warrior. I think it is a combination of ability, skill, and attitude... Good jeans help to :) . The first two are prity self explanatory but the lats is a little harder to explain. You can have the be the best fighter in the world and not be a warrior is like a WW2 General said " I do it because it's what I've been trained to do, you do it because you love it " if your heart isn't in something you can be a part of  it, but it can't be a part of you.
Disclaimer: 
This isn't a list of THE greatest warriors it is a list of some ones that I know about and there aren't in order just generally were I think they would go compared to the others.
Ten: Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen Also know as the Red Boron
He is consider  one of the best pilots of WW1 with the unprecedented 80  victors to his name more than any other ww1 pilot. At a time when war on the ground was machine gun nests, poison gas, tanks, And millions of men hashing it out, combat in the air was still mostly one on one.But he didn't attribute his success to skill he flue by several principals that would "guarantee" victory. He became leader of the Jasta11 who he taught his principals to and many of them became aces and went an to command there oun units. he later became commander of a much larger unit called Jagdgeschwader 1.
Nine: George S. Patton "Old blood and guts" is considered one of the most successful American commanders of any war.  And if I had to describe him in one word it would be intense. Patton was know for his brilliant tactics (He revolutionized tank warfare) , his passionate hatred of cowards,and his blatant outspokenness to ANYONE who disagreed with him. He was instrumental in the African campaign and in the war in Europe, and halted Germany's lats counter offensive which was there last chance at wining WW2

4 comments:

  1. is there some reason only ten and nine are visible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @3d6361c54e8593b002f3391ea29e2bb9 : I think that it is a WIP (Work In Progress), or MPUC (Master Piece Under Construction), or IFOG (Incomplete Fragment Of Genius), or ACHTCAFTUA (A Cliff-Hanger That Creates Anticipation For The Unfinished Article) or............(well you get the idea :D

    Rennuke : Some of the greatest achievements came from disagreements! :)
    Ahhhh yes! The Red Baron! It is a pity he got such a ignominious end as being shot on the ground. He would have been an excellent leader in post-war Germany.
    Patton is one of my favorites as well. He gives an archetypical symbol of the US Army: powerful, honest, and a bulwark against enemies.

    looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right Gryphon this is a work in progress and I was going to start with 10 and go to 1 but I kind of got derailed with number 8  for that I was going to do one on Richard the lien hearted well he was a great leader and fighter a lot of the things he did was in rebellion from his father and he did some other things that I'm not sure I want to be glorifying .

    ReplyDelete