Saturday, January 12, 2013

(If anyone cares) What I am reading. :-D

  Hello all! I have resurfaced to share some amazing books that have restored my faith in the literary prowess of mankind. I will give a quick rundown of these great reads, and I promise to put spoiler warnings around anything that might ruin a plot line for future readers. BEHOLD! The newest members of my 101 favorite books.

THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO: Easily my favorite book of the year (2012+2013). This book was written by Alexander Dumas, the author of the Three Musketeers and The Man in the Iron Mask. Revenge, love, war, peace, all of these elements are included in the book. It has characters that are deeply thought out, and I truly felt an understanding with many of the persona. I must confess that I was not expecting much from the Count of Monte Cristo, but I was astounded by the amount of time that I spent reading (obsessing) over this book. The convoluted revenge in the plot line is a sheer beauty to behold when looked back upon from the end of the book. (THEY EVEN MADE A GREAT MOVIE OUT OF IT!!!)
Rating: 9.2/10  

BROTHERBAND BOOK 3-THE HUNTERS: Many here have read the Ranger's Apprentice books. If you liked the RA books, you will also love the Brother Band series. In regards to The Hunters, I will simply say that John Flanagan has done it again. There aren't many book series so poignant that I actually wish I was in the book itself, but this book series, this book itself, makes me want to jump into the story. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an easy yet riveting read, but you should really read the series to immerse yourself in the lore.
Rating: 8/10

I am going to leave with these two for now. I may get back to put some more up there. We will see.

P.S: everyone can feel free to put up their own favorite books.

 

5 comments:

  1. I bought The Count of Monte Cristo awhile ago but haven't got around to reading it yet. Guess I know what's next on my list! The movie WAS awesome and I'm the books just as good. 

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Oops..*I'm sure the book's just as good*  I'm my own grammar cop! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll looking forward to reading The Count of Monte Cristo but I'm smack in the middle of  Midst toil and tribulation so  I've got so good reading a head of me :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. @97890345fefd3b6a3c8b96235f803086:disqus : Yeah, we just watched the movie a few days ago, but it was very good. There are so many memorable quotes from there too. Although, you may find the book slightly different from the move, not necessarily worse mind you.

    @Rennuke:disqus : Aww man. Well we can at least pray for ya. Good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I would edit if I could, but I can't so I won't. Instead, I will comment about another book I have read.

    FLATLANDS: This book is written by Edwin A. Abbot. It is about a two dimensional world where all life exists on a plane as flat as paper. With there world existing like that angles and geometric figure dominates all their perception. The story can be quite daunting at first, because Abbot goes into a lot of scientific and social facts about a 2-D world. Eventually though, the story progress to a narrative told by a square. This square's entire life is shaken when he meets a sphere that reveals to him the third dimension, and other dimensions at that! This is a great book about how limited human perception can  be at times. Our senses and perceptions are very limited. We can't even see the spiritual realm of things! We can't even imagine eternity! This is book is the kind of book that you get done with and your head starts to burst with implications. 
    Rating as a book: 7.1     Rating as an educational device: 9.0

    ReplyDelete