Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday poem

Josh Snell's birthday is today,and I was asked to write one of my "Gryphon-Brand" poems.
I do not claim that this will ever be part of the 101 greatest poems,but I have a fascination with writing "interesting" rhymes.

Josh Snell is a young man with deep reserves
Such he needs to keep his jangled nerves.
He is the Patron saint of calm personality.
I can say that none act so placidly.
This calm demeanor he requires
When his seven sisters gather to conspire .
How this beacon of mental wealth
manages among his sisters to keep his health
You need not look very far for the reason
It is his exuberant exercise in every season.
One legend of his greatness goes like so
When he went to the Reed house he found a foe.
This enemy was Gryphon who was larger.
But not afraid,Josh dashed like a charger
He took a few hits with a lightsaber in his side
But he pulled out the nerf gun which he properly applied
to the target located on Gryphon’s chest.
After that day,against him I dare not contest.
That other guys he continues to easily fell
It seems that living with his sisters has taught him well.

14 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! That's great! We need to print it or copy it down so Josh can hang it up. Is it copyrighted? 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! Cute Gryphon! I like it! Especially the ending. :) Nice narrative poem!

    Happy Birthday Josh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job Gryphon!!(: It goes perfect with him!
    I always lost...something  in poems when I have tried to write them in the past.  But you made it work! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chey: Josh says thank-you.
    Gryph: Oh yes, Josh has had to exert all his wits and physical force to stay alive and as sane as he technically can. Of course, it goes both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very creative Gryphon!:) I like it! 

    Erika @Annetta @3d6361c54e8593b002f3391ea29e2bb9 , tell Josh "Happy Birthday!" for me:D How old is he now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enri: Josh says thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good job Gryphon :) And happy birthday Josh!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @3d6361c54e8593b002f3391ea29e2bb9 He's very welcome! So how old is the special birthday boy now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seven. He's growing so fast!
    Ren: I'm assuming Josh also says thank you to you, he isn't here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rats!! I did it again!! That's sooo annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I commented as Erika! I hate it when I do that.

    ReplyDelete